I have not taken any of your courses before. Where do I start?
The Foundations Course is the first step to take. It is held either as a 4-day course or as three weekend courses (Parts 1, 2 and 3).
How do I find a course near me? How can I find out when a course is being scheduled near me?
Upcoming courses are listed on the Find a Course page. If there is not one currently scheduled that works for you, keep checking back, contact a certified trainer near you or send an email to email@example.com.
How can I get a training scheduled in my town?
How can I get the Connection Practice course taught at my business or where I work?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know the location of the business and about how many people would be trained. You will be contacted by email or phone within two U.S. business days.
How can I get the Connection Practice course taught at a nonprofit where I work or that I support?
Contact a certified trainer or send an email to email@example.com. Please let us know the location of the nonprofit and about how many people would be trained. You will be contacted by email or phone within two U.S. business days.
How can I get the Connection Practice course taught at my school?
Contact a certified curriculum instructor to discuss details, such as who would be trained (one or more teachers, staff and even parents can be trained). The curriculum was designed by an educational consultant and conforms to American School Counselor standards.
- Practice daily: Practice at home using the Daily Workbook (available on the online store). Daily practice will cement the skills learned in the Connection Practice so that you use them automatically whenever you are in conflict, are stressed or need a smart decision.
- Practice with others: Find a practice buddy or join a Practice Group. To find out if there is a Practice Group near you, contact a certified coach or trainer or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If there is currently no open group, you can form one. Learn how by contacting a certified coach or trainer.
- Get individualized coaching: With the guidance of a certified coach, it’s easier to integrate the practice into your daily life.
- Take the next course: Look for the course that is the next step for you.
- If you have taken Part 1 of the Foundations Course, look for Part 2 (and then Part 3).
- You can retake the Foundations course for half-price at any time.
- An advanced course called Connect Deeper is offered from time to time.
- Facilitate: Being a facilitator for a Foundations Course (either the 4-day course or the weekend course for Parts 1, 2 or 3) takes your personal understanding deeper.
- Become a certified coach or trainer: Help others learn the skills you have learned. See the Certification page for the steps to take.
Can I teach the Connection Practice or BePeace Practice to my family or at my child’s school?
When you have completed the Foundations Course, you can teach the practice to children and your family. To coach professionally or teach adults, you must first become certified.
To facilitate teaching children and your family:
- Have the Feelings and Needs cards on hand. They are available as GROK cards (for pre-readers), student decks (for use in classrooms) and the standard version. They are available in the online store.
- An emWave® is also an effective tool for teaching and practicing coherence. They are available in the online store.
- You can also call on a certified coach to help teach the practice, and learn how to integrate it into everyday life, to others.
What is an emWave? Do I need to get one?
According to the Institute of HeartMath®, award-winning emWave technology is an innovative approach to improving wellness and facilitating personal growth based on learning to change your heart rhythm pattern to create coherence. With emWave products, you learn to control your physiology through breathing along with your heart rhythms and focusing on positive emotions. emWave technology collects pulse data (using a pulse sensor) and translates the information from your heart rhythms into graphics on your computer or into easy to follow lights on the portable emWave2. As you focus on a positive emotion and breathe along with your heart rhythms, the graphs and lights change to reflect your level of coherence.
While an emWave is not necessary for continuing the Connection Practice, it is a valuable tool for becoming adept at entering coherence quickly no matter what is happening around you. emWaves are available in the online store.
HeartMath is a registered trademark of the Institute of HeartMath. emWave is a registered trademark of Quantum Intech, Inc.
What are Feelings and Needs cards? Do I need them?
Feelings and needs cards are not necessary but they are a very useful tool. They enable you to practice giving and receiving empathy with yourself and others. They come in three versions:
- Standard (48 feelings and 48 needs cards)
- Student Deck (17 feelings and 17 needs cards), designed to fit on two student desks in a classroom
- Grok Cards (26 feelings and 26 needs cards) for pre-readers
They are available in the online store.
Is the Connection Practice or BePeace Practice religious or spiritual?
No. The social and emotional skills taught in RFI’s courses are practical and universal. Their goal is to create connection in all parts of your life – home, work and community. The Connection Practice curriculum focuses on reducing relationship conflicts and the issues that they create. The BePeace Practice courses are taught to spiritually-based communities with an emphasis on peace.
How can I book Rita Marie Johnson to speak at my event?
Send an email to email@example.com with the details of the event and you will be contacted as soon as possible with Rita Marie’s availability or to ask any questions she has about the event.
Does Rasur Foundation International have an office I can visit?
RFI’s headquarters is at 1520 Rosette Way, Gilroy, CA 95020. If you would like to visit, send an email in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How is Rasur Foundation International funded?
A US 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, RFI is supported primarily through donations and grants from individuals and organizations.
If you would like to support RFI’s work, please go to the Donate page or mail a check to Rasur Foundation International, 1520 Rosette Way, Gilroy, CA 95020. Donations are tax deductible in the U.S. as allowed by law.
How can I help with realizing RFI’s vision and mission? How can I contribute?
Please see the ideas on the Support page.